If you are someone who is taking small steps every day towards your goal yet not sure about your progress or results: this book is definitely for you. The Slight Edge compels you to carry on consistently. The book reinforces the power of repeated actions done consistently over a considerable amount of time. The author gives examples of how the smallest of the actions taken repeatedly can accrue massive results over a period. The book is an excellent take on the power of “Compound Effect.”
- Everything in Life is Easy to DO and Easy Not to DO!
- Whats comfortable early will become Uncomfortable later
- There is a natural progression to everything
- Everyday things matter, no matter how small they are, they make all the difference in the long run.
- It is never late start, but always late to wait.
- Compound effect: Right choices you make today, compound over, taking you closer towards your goals
- Improve by One percent a day in whatever you are doing.
- Invest in yourself
The seven slight Edge Principles:
- Show Up
- Be Consistent
- Have a Good Attitude
- Be committed for a Long period of time
- Have faith and a burning desire
- Be willing to pay the price
- Integrity (what you do when no one is watching)
To achieve your Goals:
- Write them down
- Have a plan to start with
- Understand and pay the price
- Look at your goal every day
NOTE: Most of the above text is taken from the book “The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson”